Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Craving Fall

So this morning I decided I am officially ready for fall to be here. This week my second grade Common Core unit is Fall with a focus on apples. All day I dream about cool nights and apple cider! So I'm ready- I've got my mum on the front porch, my football sign on the front door, and my fall table setup ready to assemble! I cannot believe how hot it is! I am ready for those cool temperatures where I can sit on the back deck and drink warm apple cider!

I started my fall reading list (with inspiration from second graders who having reading goals-Mrs. Brown has a reading goal too) One book on my list is a devotional and spiritual walk called "Made to Crave." I read the introduction tonight and this really stood out to me. "What happens when you delete "com" from compromise? You're left with "promise." We were made for more than compromise. We were made for God's promises in every area of our lives." I am focusing on craving God and what he wants for me, not what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment