Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Penguins Unit

Our theme is penguins and I wanted to share a few things we are doing...

Week 1: Non-Fiction Penguins
My class wrote a report on penguins, as if they were National Geographic Reporters. Ice Melting Experiment

Week 2,3: Mr. Popper's Penguins
We have a class penguin that Admiral Drake sent from Antarctica named Louie. Louie goes home with one student every night. They take him on "adventures" every night. So far, Louie has had a lot of fun! Including helping bake muffins in an Easy Bake Oven, helping practice spelling words, going to church, and more! I wish I could post some of the awesome pictures parents have sent me!

We also made our own penguins for our mini bulletin board, themed "Mrs. Brown's Penguins."

We played the role of "Papa Penguin" and practiced waddling with our own baby penguins (or boiled eggs)!





No comments:

Post a Comment