Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Themed Week

This week was a four day week and we celebrated it with an Easter theme. We have testing next week, so this week was focused on review and having fun so the kids wouldn't get frustrated.

I started Monday off with Easter eggs hidden all over the classroom. The students immediately noticed and couldn't wait for the hunt. There was not candy inside the eggs unfortunately, but there were math story problems. I used my kiddos names and Easter theme to create real world problems. We usually do these in our math journals, but I thought it would be a great way to mix it up. I also put coins in the eggs and the students had to find out how much their egg was worth. The students really seemed to enjoy it!

We completed a Peeps Science Experiment to see what liquid dissolved the peeps. The winner ended up being Diet Coke.

We read a nonfiction on Rabbits, Egg-Napped! (One of my favorite Easter/Spring books), and There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick. My students love Lucille Colandro's There Was An Old Lady Series, and we have performed three of her books as Reader's Theaters. We did perform the Easter Version for a Kindergarten class and my kiddos thought they were something else! They did such as great job with props and all.













No comments:

Post a Comment