Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Autism Awareness

April is the month for Autism Awareness. It is started to spread through Facebook Home Pages, which is amazing because the word and awareness are getting out. As an educator, I get to experience, support, and change the lives of all types of students. Every student is unique in their own way, especially those with Autism. I am posting about this so readers will know a way to support the action.

Recently, my hubby and I were out and about shopping for supplies to complete a project in the kitchen. Of course we go to out favorite place, The Home Depot. While walking down the main aisle, Seth stopped and slammed the breaks on the cart. He said whoa!! We gotta get one of those. I thought he was kidding but he was totally serious. It was a blue light for Autism Awareness. Part of the proceeds (I think half, but don't take my word for it) go to an organization support Autism. I was honestly shocked that my husband wanted to spend $2.00 on a light bulb we might never use, but he was avid about getting it. Inside it made me so happy to know that he cares about my kids and kids around the world that have been and will be diagnosed. You can purchase a light bulb at Home Depot yourself. Here is the website that started the whole blue light bulb idea: www.lightitupblue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment