Saturday, May 18, 2013

31 in 31: Week 10 and 11

I have been so busy with the end of the school year, that I have been posting my reading goals every two weeks.  Sorry! I started back with graduate school, so most of my time is filled with reading articles and children's fantasy books.  I am loving my new class!

For week 10, I read Traveling Light by Max Lucado.  I am a huge fan of Max Lucado.  I went to the library to pick up another one of his books, but it was already taken.  So, I grabbed this one instead, and I am glad I did.  It is a focus on Psalms 23.  It talks about how in our lives today we are not suppose to have all the burdens we face; weariness, worry, guilt, discontent, and so on.  We are suppose to trust in God and will according to his will without all the unhealthy stuff. I read two-three chapters a day as my little devotional.  It was a quick, easy read that was a blessing in disguise. 

For week 11, I read The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  Now I am a very happy person, but like Lucado's book, this one is about loving life, having more fun, and not worrying about the little things. I actually found this book on Good Reads.  Good Reads is a website that allows you to find books similar to the ones you have already read and enjoyed.  One of my favorites is Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat, Pray, Love. So, I typed that in and it gave me this book. I cannot wait to get my hands on her book, Happier at Home.

*I do not own any of the books I read. I get them all at our local library for free.  I do think I will be purchasing The Happiness Project, it is one I would like to read again!

 
 
Have a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment